Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Epic Sorting...

I have a little issue... with holding on to things "for future use" and part of my New Year goal is to sort and simplify. This is causing some delay to my creating new things for sharing with you, my loyal 3. I am working diligently at whittling down the massive stash and selling or donating the things I am sure I will not get to within the year. This has called for many Yard Sales. Selling off as much of the hoard (there, I said it) as we can has been an eye-opener. He hoards books and I hoard "Vintage" (fabric, Samsonite luggage, sewing machines, paper etc...) and we were being crowded out of our lives by our STUFF.





If you look around... and you can't find a clear surface to set your coffee on I highly suggest you think about letting go of a couple things for your sanity. There are many ways to go about it and I am sure if you make an effort you can find one that fits you.
Now, I have cut down the fabric by over half, gotten rid of all but 3 sewing machines and let go two thirds of my paper stash (mostly notebooks from ages ago, like college) and that feels like a good start  I am also committed to continuing to reduce my piles and bins and buckets over the next year so I can work towards a more enjoyable crafting experience to share.
You are part of my reason for letting things go so I would like to ask what you feel you might need to let go of? What might you need help letting go of and who can you ask for that help?

As always, wishing you Peace, Love and Joy.

2 comments:

  1. lets keep each other motivated :)
    lots of stuff I could weed through or just not get because it's a "good buy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the choices. Is is something that I need, will (honestly) use or just want... Deciding what fits where can help with choosing whether to get it or not. (=

    ReplyDelete