Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Little Off The Path

Many times plans get made and life steps in and changes them without consulting you first. This should not mean that you give up on your plans, it just means you adjust and keep working towards your goal.
I had planned to put up at least one craft related post per week for a year but life has decided that I will not be able to work on my own right now so I will share other peoples crafts instead of my own this week.

Information Overload at it's Best

A couple of the best places on the web to find crafting tutorials are Make magazine and Instructables. On both of these sites you can find how-to and step by step instructions on making so many diverse things that you could spend hours just looking.
If you are into the fiber arts I suggest Ravelry as a place to start. There are thousands of knitting and crochet patterns available for no charge and an extensive catalog of links to patterns for sale. The forums can be a bit tricky unless you are a veteran of filtering for content.

Individual Bloggers

I will be trying to highlight individual blogs that have tutorials that I find clear and understandable covering the myriad of crafts that my butterfly brain enjoys.

A font of sewing information can be found at Sew Mama Sew

An Art Journaling blog with many interesting tutorials.

A bookbinding tutorial for a long-stitch journal, A bit picture heavy but clear and well written.
A tutorial for a Coptic Stitch journal


That's all for now folks...

As it stands I will hopefully be able to get back to sharing my own work with you soon. The world does not stop it's spin and we must all try to enjoy the ride as best we can.
Today I will leave you with a picture and a wish.

As always, Peace, Joy and Love to you and yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment