Monday, August 20, 2012

Sick and journaling

I have started working in a few journals using a variety of media techniques. It all started late last year with my intro to a few flickr albums via Facebook friends. I started with a minor obsession for "Zentangles" and then progressed quickly to ogling other people's art journals on pintrest. I have filled an entire composition book and loved it so well that the cover fell off.I was gifted a set of Sakura micron pens from a local friend as well as my DH last Christmas and have expanded my collection with sharpie pens and gel pens to the point they take up multiple cigar boxes. I am experimenting with alcohol inks, stamps and acrylic paints. I will be working up to modeling compound soon. Throw these things in with my joy in occasionally binding books and you can see a potent mix developing.
While all this is happening I am also working a "part time" job delivering pizza (I will not divulge what company I work for so as to not bias anyone in the future if I rant a little.) that occasionally ends up being over forty hours a week. This past week I developed a cold or an allergic reaction to something and had to skip some hours. While I appreciated the time to heal a little I couldn't focus on anything for any length of time... I made backgrounds. I will share some of them soon but for now I will leave you with the one journal page I have managed to finish over the last three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment