Thursday, August 23, 2012

Journal to escape.

As you may know I have been sick recently. I finally got in to see someone at the clinic and was informed that I most likely have a viral infection. Wonderful that... I got a note saying I was not supposed to work for the next 2 days and a scrip to deal with the hacking cough. Now I work in an industry that is based largely on the notion of gratuity. The ethereal TIP. Since I am not supposed to work I am missing out on the hours on my check as well as the potential cash earnings that allow them to pay us less than minimum wage. Two days lost wages.
I am frustrated and depressed about this because I am the wage earner for my family right now. I know things will get better once I am healthy again but for now it just sucks.
Since I am trying to find constructive ways to deal with this I decided to share some work I did today with my 3 wonderful viewers.
Background Lace
This background was made by using a piece of 49 cent a yard acrylic lace and olive green rit and alcohol ink in a spray bottle.


Marigolds
This is what became of that background today. All the black line work was done with medium and fine sharpie pens. The color work was done with crayola fine point and pentel markers. Simple tools that all work together to make the picture come out. 
I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment