Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little bits of art

I have started needing to have something to draw in with me at all times. The freedom from needing to hear what others are complaining or gossiping about three feet away from me is an awesome thing and when I take a simple pen to paper the world around me slips into the peripheral vision area. I can focus on what is right in front of me and find that peace that comes from expression without fear.
Recently I found a cute notebook at the community yard sale for a whopping $.10 and snapped it up. I have repaired the one small flaw by gluing a piece of graph paper into the front and it has begun living in my back pocket.
All the tools you need to start this journey are a surface and a way to mark it. I love using pens and that will always be my fall-back but the little spray bottles of alcohol ink I made using kool-aid, rit dye and food coloring have helped me get over the fear of a blank page wonderfully. I also love to share my art and hope that others may find it helps them find their own artistic voice.
I leave you with a snapshot of pocket art.

No comments:

Post a Comment