Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bad Words.

I can't
I could never do that

Those are bad words. I get irritated when someone looks at a thing I have done, compliments me or it and then says they could never do that, they can't create beautiful things.

If you put effort and patience into it you can learn to do almost anything. If you do not know how to solder, crochet, bind a book, paint a picture or make a kite that does not mean that you can't.
If you WANT to, you can.

The internet is filled with free resources from books to picture laden tutorials. There are classes on a plethora of things that have Facebook pages and chat groups so you can ask questions and see the questions that others are asking. There are so many people out there that are willing to help you learn and be guides in the expansion of your world.

All it takes is wanting to learn. If you want to learn you become willing to expend the time and energy to find the experience that will teach you.
I wanted to learn how to spin and a teacher appeared. I had to spend time saving for the class and I had to spend time and energy learning. I may not be perfect at it but now I know how.
I wanted to learn to solder and an opportunity to learn appeared in my workplace. I studied and practiced and learned. I have not yet applied that to my home based crafts but now I have the basic knowledge and can do it.

If you want to learn how to write, draw, paint, sew, knit, crochet, spin, solder, cut glass, bind a book, make pottery, create jewelry, bake a cake or fold a paper crane, Learn It And Do It.

If you don't want to, don't have the desire to make learning that thing a priority in your life or don't have the need to learn that thing please, please don't say that you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment