Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday may become a different day

Coffee at hand and the time is right. I have promised an entry today and shall deliver. There will be googly eyes.
There is an opportunity that has presented itself over the last week that may have some drastic influences on my life and the lives of my little family. Most of you know that I work in the fascinating world of food service. I am currently the senior driver and driver trainer for a wonderful pizza place. "We" have the best pizza available in the area and the people (with exception of one) are good people to work with. My boss is enthusiastic, amiable and dedicated to making us a good team. He is more importantly to me, Not an Idiot. I have become very attached to this job and am having a difficult time with the idea of leaving it. Thing is, this new opportunity is pretty snazzy. I would be moving out of food service entirely and making more than twice what I make now give or take a great tip night (rarer than golden goose eggs) or moving into management. I would have a set schedule and a guaranteed two days off in a row with a potential third depending on production quotas. I would be able to wear comfortable clothes in a color other than black and I would not have to run my poor truck into the ground anymore.
All of this is grand but the potential for such a dramatic change in my "career path" had me in a very head-spinning place. My journal work got blocked and I could not see the pictures I wanted to make clearly. I am still struggling but I had to let go and move back into my crafting comfort zone for a while. I picked up a hook and snagged some new yarn, a major splurge at near 5$ a skein. I made my new winter hat and then dug out some scrap yarns and created three flower pins.

In between these activities I worked at trying to make a second job viable (so not), I managed to pick up a new kitten, and I drew on graph paper. The security of the grid has been a fallback for me since I started this wonderful journey of the journal. I find that the lines let me see the page as not empty, not the dreaded empty page.




Many pictures lie this way...








Some of the journal work I have managed to accomplish recently. I re-covered an old composition book and have added some collage and other bits to it so far. I have also been trying to decide whether or not to recycle my old graph paper journal into a few of the newer books I am working in. It would be comforting to see some of the pages I worked so hard on in a new form but it is a bit of a scary thought to take apart the work of more than half a year.





One of my favorite symbols, Fleu de lis.

Stencils and stamps with a little extra. Not sure if I am done.

Work in Progress, ric-rack package and vintage graph paper








I enjoy sharing some of my weeks worth of frenetic chaos with you. If you you would be willing to share with me a little piece of how you handle the empty page, the new day or the impending change I would love to hear how my Loyal 3 handle the stresses and challenges of life. I know that for me Cookies help... Uh-oh, better find some more.

Thanks Ms. Charlotte, They were awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting turns of events, you have - as always - my full support in any direction you choose to follow. Btw, LUV the hat!!!
    hugs. luvya

    ReplyDelete