Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday is for...

Had to drive to the "City" today. I had to fill out paperwork to say I can legally be employed and I had to take a drug test. These things had to be done in a place an hour and a half away from where I will likely be working. I got to drive through rush hour traffic on the way there and was lucky enough to escape the same on the way home by ducking into a "Hobby Lobby". (there was another scrap-booking store that I tried first but the person in charge did NOT want my business.)


I managed to spend all of this months crafting allowance in one go on a small bottle of gesso (which I have been dying to try out) and a punch. A 1 and 3/4 inch circle punch to be precise.

This lovely toy will be put to good use making holiday ornaments this year as well as several things that will be going on in my journals. (There will be some progress pictures related to journaling in the next Wednesday installment.)



The stress levels around here have not lessened much but I have been putting the brain haze to some use. This is the kind of mind-frame that I find conducive to Scarf Crochet. A wander through the stitch compendiums at my disposal and a fairly random choice of a simple v-shell combined with some "close the eyes and grab" from the yarn drawer gets me this.
Thinking this will work to combat the winter grey for a while. The yarns are a sage colored home-spun that I got at a yard sale about 4 years ago and a skein of Bernat single ply in Calypso that had been hiding for almost 2 years. The things you can come up with when you try your darnedest to just use what you have.
I should have confirmation on the possible new job withing the week. Hopefully the stress will let go to a degree when I get that answer. One way or another, an answer is better than not knowing. (my opinion at least)

Wishing you all Peace, Love and Joy.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm the scarf might make a good addition to a Dr. Who costume ;)
    hugs
    luvya

    ReplyDelete