Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday that was.

This past week I drove to the "city" twice on two of my "days off". Once for my brother and once for my Mom, both of these trips were necessary though a little tiring. The first trip ended up being expanded into a grocery/stock up trip and I ended up getting to hit Staples. I bought myself a box of Manila tags to play with (yay!), though not the 3"x5" these should be bunches of fun. I also grabbed a set of the sharpie paint markers and am loving them all over many, many surfaces.
Sharpie paint markers and manilla tags to play with
Playing with the markers



The second trip ended up turning into a thrift shopping adventure. I scored a few pairs of pants and shirts in both short and long sleeved for work and I must say, my pants ($40 nomex fire resistant cargo pants that FIT for $5!) are AWESOME! Several pair of heavy, soft cotton cargo pants in excellent condition (in my odd shaped size) for $5 a pop and a few great looking t-shirts (the amazing brushed cotton that is still wonderfully insulating) for around $3 per. Thrift town and goodwill are definitely two of my favorite places. This also means that since I brought clothes into the house, I will have a couple of bags of gently loved clothes to donate locally to the shop that benefits the senior center and the one that helps the mental health clinic. I so love a win/win shopping experience.

As for art, I am being tempted by the idea of a tattoo gun. There is a young man at my new job that has offered to loan me his if I buy ink and needles so I can try before I buy. I have a canvas to test on and the art to try all ready to go, I just have to decide if I want to be serious about this or if it is a passing fancy. I love my ink and I love (most) ink on others but is it really the direction for me. Opinions are welcome as to whether this is something my Loyal 3 think would be fun to watch me try.
Now for some pretty pictures...
Wishing you all Peace, Joy and love.
Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment