Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Re-fashion Resolution

I am by no means a "Fashionable" person. I don't dress up because I refuse to try to impress anyone with anything other than my sparkling personality. Recently I found a blogger that helped me see that re-fashioning things is more about expressing your personality than I had realized. In reading her blog (I read all of the archived posts over a period of 3 days, I binge) I also saw that doing this can be an emotional healing process. Keep doing what you love and it will help you pick yourself back up while bringing you joy in the doing.
My attempt at a resolution for this coming year is to try to learn how to re-fashion to fit my style (hers is very much her own) and try to learn more about myself in the process. I hope to be able to wear something I have either sewn from scratch or "edited" every day for the coming year, a hope and a goal for me to work towards.
This does not mean that my other crafting loves (a hook or a pen is never far from hand) will not resurface many times but that I am going to try to focusing on this overall.
So to introduce you to the blogging personality that sparked this little venture, Here she is, The Refashionista. Check her out and hopefully you will be as inspired by her stories and style as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment